Text of address by Muhammad Al-Daif, General Commander of the Izz Ad-Din Al-Qassam Brigades: Wednesday, 30 July 2014 14:59
In the name of Allah, Most Merciful Most Compassionate
Praise be to Allah, the Lord all of worlds, Peace and prayer be upon the Imam of the mujahideen our Prophet Muhammad, his family and his companions and those who follow their way until the Day of Judgement.
[Quoting the Quran]: "Fight them, and Allah will punish them by your hands, cover them with shame, help you (to victory) over them, heal the breasts of Believers."
O Allah, it is with Your help that we spring to action, it is with Your help that we manoeuvre, it is with Your help that we fight; and we have neither power nor strength without You.
The Abraha of this age has transgressed against our Ummah and against our people in Jerusalem, the West Bank and Gaza employing the most lethal war machinery. The enemy has laid siege, starved the people, terrorised the innocent, murdered children, women and the elderly and destroyed their houses on top of their heads in the largest bank of civilian targets ever known in history. The enemy is seeking to convince its people that it invaded Gaza and destroyed its tunnels and rocket launchers and to delude them of a false victory. As a result, the enemy has trapped its own defeated army and its troops who have been brought into battle as if being herded to death. As they consider the predicament of the so-called ground operation, we promise them what will make them feel worse and would like to affirm the following:
1. The balance of power in the battlefield has changed. Today, you are fighting righteous soldiers who love to die in the cause of Allah just as much as you love to live. They compete for martyrdom just as you run away from death or fighting. The ranks of all the forces and factions of our people have been united in resisting the aggression.
2. What the fighter planes, artillery and military boats have failed to achieve will not be achieved by the defeated troops on the ground. By the Grace of Allah, these troops have now become easy prey for our guns and the ambush of our mujahideen. There is no better evidence to proof this than the ongoing landings behind enemy lines, the most recent of which was the operation to the east of Al-Shujaya yesterday despite the massacres and the razing to the ground of houses on top of the heads of their inhabitants. This has been possible despite the multi-layered reconnaissance systems the enemy has in place. Now the enemy realises that the mission is much tougher and much bigger than initially thought. The enemy is sending its troops to a definite hell, God willing.
3. We have opted to confront and kill the enemy's armed troops and its elite soldiers rather than assault civilians in the neighbouring villages. This is despite the fact that the criminal enemy has been shedding the blood of civilians, perpetrating massacres and razing entire neighbourhoods to the ground levelling houses on top of the heads of their inhabitants whenever more of their soldiers are killed.
4. The usurping Zionist entity will not enjoy security until our people are secured and live in freedom and dignity. There will not be a ceasefire until the aggression is stopped and the siege is lifted. We shall not accept any compromise at the expense of the dignity and freedom of our people.
5. We affirm our full readiness for this moment. We work in according with scenarios and plans already laid down. We do not simply react or act foolishly as the leaders of the criminal enemy do. We have exerted every possible effort and we are confident that Allah will provide us with victory, for Allah provides victory for whoever he wills, and Allah is mightiest and most compassionate.
Our Ummah, our people. We appreciate your stance and your cohesion with and support for the resistance. Let it be known to you that with you, after Allah, we are stronger and that they will not do you but a little harm. Victory comes with patience, and victory is but an hour's patience. Such victory and great accomplishment would not be possible had it not been for your steadfastness, patience and embrace of the resistance. You are our folks and the crown on our heads. We promise you that we shall remain your protective shield and your servants. May Allah be your guardian and protector, for Allah is the best protector and the most merciful. May Allah have mercy on our martyrs, heal the wounds of our wounded and free our captives. Until Allah's great victory.
[Quoting the Quran]: "Verily, We will indeed make victorious Our Messengers and those who believe (in the Oneness of Allah) in this world's life and on the day when the witnesses will stand forth, (i.e. Day of Resurrection)."
The General Commander of Izz Ad-Din Al-Qassam Brigades
Abu Khaled, Muhammad Al-Daif